Watch the following video which describes some of the mechanics of creating a COBOL program including the format of a COBOL program.
- Introduction to Enterprise COBOL Video (13:16)
Need help creating a PDS? This video shows you how to create a Partitioned Data Set – IBM’s library format where programs can be stored.
- Creating a PDS Video (5:03)
When you compile and link a program, the resulting load module is stored in a load library. This video demonstrates how to create a place for your exectuable programs.
- Creating a Load Library Video (2:00)
Here’s the Hello World code you can use for building your first program.
- Hello World Code
Watch a video that illustrates the mechanics of creating a program with the editor.
- Creating the Program Video (3:58)
Here’s some JCL you can modify to process your program.
- Compile, Link, Run, JCL
This video shows you how to modify the JCL to fit your situation.
- Modifying the JCL Video (6:41)
Nobody is perfect. This video shows how to find and correct your compile errors.
- Finding Compile Errors Video (8:38)
- Let’s begin to look at the structure of a program in this second Cobol lecture.
We continue to explore the structure of a Cobol program with this examination of the Data Division.
- The Data Division Lecture Video (33:29)
- Data Types in the Data Division Video (18:31)
- Diving into the Data Division Video (21:26)
We begin our study of the executable statements that go into the Procedure Division
- Introduction to the Procedure Division Video (27:13)
Computations in Cobol: Addition, Subtraction, Multiplication, Division and related operations
- Arithmetic Commands Video (23:21)
QSAM – Queued Sequential Access Method
- A Review of File Processing Video (20:43)
Programming Exercise #1
- Instructions for Exercise #1 Video (8:23)